Complementary and Alternative (CAM) Treatments for Postpartum Depression
- Blumenthal, J. A., Babyak, M.A., Doraiswamy, P.M., Watkins, L., Hoffman, B.M., Barbour, K.A., et al. (2007). Exercise and pharmacotherapy in the treatment of major depressive disorder. Psychosomatic Medicine, 69, 587-596 [click here].
- Brown, M.-A., & Shirley, J. L. (2005). Enhancing women's moods and energy: A research-bawsed program for subthreshold depression using light, exercise, and vitamins. Holistic Nursing Practice, 19(6), 278-284 [click here].
- Daley, A. J., Winter, H., Grimmett, C., McGuinness, M., McManus, R., & MacArthur, C. (2008). Feasibility of an exercise intervention for women with postnatal depression: A pilot randomised controlled trial. British Journal of General Practice, 58, 178-183 [click here].
- Forster, D. A., Denning, A., Wills, G., Bolger, M., & McCarthy, E. (2006). Herbal medicine use during pregnancy in a group of Australian women. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 6, 21 [click here].
- Gardiner, P., Woods, C., & Kemper, K. J. (2006). Dietary supplement use among health care professionals enrolled in an online curriculum on herbs and dietary supplements. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 6, 21 [click here].
- Kemper, K. J., Gardiner, P., Gobble, J., & Woods, C. (2006). Expertise about herbs and dietary supplements among diverse health professionals. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 6, 15 [click here].
- Kendall-Tackett, K. A. (2007). Beating the winter blues: Bright light therapy for seasonal and non-seasonal depression. Medications and More, 25(December), 1-3 [click here].
- Kendall-Tackett, K. A. (2008). Exercise as a treatment for depression in new mothers: It's as effective as medications. Medications and More, 28(March), 8-9 [click here].
- Kendall-Tackett, K. A. (2009). Can fats make you happy? Depression and long-chain Omega-3 fatty acids in the perinatal period. Medications and More, 38(1), 1-2 [click here].
- Kendall-Tackett, K. A. (2010). Four research findings that will change what we think about perinatal depression. Journal of Perinatal Education, 19(4), 7-9 [click here].
- Manber, R., Schnyer, R. N., Allen, J. J. B., Rush, A. J., & Blasey, C. M. (2004). Acupuncture: A promising treatment for depression. Journal of Affective Disorders, 83, 89-95 [click here].
- Szegedi, A., Kohnen, R., Dienel, A., & Kieser, M. (2005). Acute treatment of moderate to severe depression with hypericum extract WS 5570 (St. John's wort): Randomised controlled double blind non-inferiority trial versus paroxetine. British Medical Journal, 330, 503 [click here].
- van der Watt, G., Laugharne, J., & Janca, A. (2008). Complementary and alternative medicine in the treatment of anxiety and depression. Current Opinion in Psychiatry, 21(1), 37-42 [click here].
- Vickers, K. A., Jolly, K. B., & Greenfield, S. M. (2006). Herbal medicine: Women's views, knowledge and interaction doctors: A qualitative study. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 6, 10. [click here].
- Woelk, H. (2000). Comparison of St. John's wort and imipramine for treating depression: Randomised controlled trial. British Medical Journal, 321, 536-539 [click here].
Evidence-based, With Attitude